Why would I want to hire a person with a disability or other barrier to employment?
There are many reasons to hire people with disabilities into your business that are supported by literature, surveys and research, below are just a few:
- People with disabilities stay in jobs longer than individuals without disabilities - decreasing turnover for businesses and recruiting costs
- American consumers prefer to spend their money with businesses they know include people with disabilities
- 92% of Americans would prefer to spend their money at a businesses that hires people with disabilities
- Employees with disabilities are as productive and sometimes more productive than employees without disabilities
- This is not charity! Job candidates from the ECCC are expected to perform at or above your expectations as an employer
- Diverse teams out perform non diverse teams in performance metrics
- 17% of the America has a disability creating the third largest purchasing group in the United States
How do I get access to your JOB candidates?
Easy! Fill out the contact form with your information and an ECCC Business Relations Liaison will reach out to you to discuss more about what type of job candidates you are looking for.
Where does the ECCC find their job candidates?
Each Employment Service Partner is supporting job seekers looking for jobs in the Cuyahoga County area. The information about your position will be shared with all staff at each employment partner agency. Those staff will evaluate the current job seekers they are working with and identify qualified matches for the ECCC to send to your business.
What type of information do you look for about positions?
Anything that you believe will help us identify who would be a good fit for the position. Typically, helpful information is:
- Job Title
- Full Time/Part Time
- Skills and qualifications
What types of candidates do you support?
Each partner serves and supports a variety of individuals with barriers to employment.
What qualifies as a barrier to employment?
The partners we work with support Job Seekers that can be listed under one of the identified classes in WIOA:
- Displaced Homemaker
- Low Income
- Individual with Disability
- Homeless Individual
- Foster Care Youth
- English Language Learner
- Low Levels of Literacy
- Cultural Barriers
- Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Status
- Exhausting TANF Within 2 Years
- Single Parent
- Long Term Unemployed
Are there any costs involved?
No! All services provided by the ECCC are 100% free for businesses in Cuyahoga County and surrounding areas.
Are there any incentives for a business to hire someone from the ECCC?
Most of the job seekers supported by ECCC partners would qualify for the Work Opportunity Tax Credit. This credit would allow your business to get half of the employees’ wages back in a tax credit up to $4,800 of wages ($2,400 credit) for more information visit WOTC
Do you background-check your Job candidates?
The ECCC has the capability of finding out whether a candidate we find for you has a criminal background or not. An ECCC staffing expert will also verify with your business whether your location is a second chance employer or not, and will not send you job candidates with any sort of background if that is your business policy.
dOES THE ECCC OFFER ANY PERIODIC ON SITE CHECK-INS FOR THE JOB CANDIDATES THAT ARE REFERRED?
Yes! An ECCC staffing expert will check-in periodically and also upon request of the business, and it is highly encouraged. The Job Candidate's Job Coach will also check in, but for a limited amount of time, while an ECCC staffing expert will be available to the employer at all times.
How do I gain access to the ECCC job leads and hiring events?
The ECCC is a collaboration of community agencies supporting individuals with barriers to employment in Cuyahoga County and the surrounding area. You must be currently supported by one of the partners to access the opportunities and leads.
I am not currently working with a partner of the ECCC, how can I get connected?
Is there a good place to start searching?